10 Handy Steps to Configure Comcast Mail in Windows 10
If you want to use the Comcast email service with the Windows 10, then it can be done by following some simple steps. You can contact Comcast support number for configuring the account in Windows Mail app. However, before speaking with the experts, continue with this guide helps you set up the Windows Mail app to run on the email address. To make a proper configuration, make sure a few things given below:
- Make sure that your Windows 10 copy has all necessary updates installed. Until you update it, several matters can cause issues for both Comcast webmail and Windows Mail app. Click the Windows Start menu and choose the Settings option to run the update. Find the ‘Update & Security’ section and click or tap on it.
- Install if there’s any update waiting to be installed for Windows 10. If a reboot is necessary, check to save the open work at first. Click the ‘Check for updates’ button until it notifies that your system is updated. If you’re having any problems during login to Comcast email account, it will be now fixed.
Know how to set up the Comcast’s Webmail in Windows 10:
Before going ahead to configure Comcast email in Windows 10, you should be aware of the Comcast email address and the password related to that account. Here’s exactly how to setup:
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and then choose ‘All apps’ to open the Mail. Move down to the M section and select the ‘Mail’ option from the list.
- If you’ve not set up any account in Mail yet, a Welcome screen will appear. At such time, click on the ‘Get Started’ button and proceed to the step 3.
In that case, you have another email account already configured; your Mail will appear instead of the welcome screen. At such time, jump down to the step 4.
- Click on the + Add account button and then go to the step 6.
- Click on the ‘Gear’ or ‘Cog’ icon placed in the lower left corner in the Mail App.
- When the Settings menu displays, click on the ‘Accounts menu’ item. Here, click on the + Add account option.
- From the ‘Select an account’ list, move down and choose the ‘Advanced setup’ option.
- In the ‘Advanced setup’ section, choose the second entry, called Internet email.
- Now you need to provide the account information:
- Add Account name – You need to enter your account name which you want.
- Type the name you want your email to be delivered from. It can be your first and last name.
- Incoming email server field – Input in: imap.comcast.net.
- Account type – Choose IMAP4.
- In Username field – Type your Comcast username. It’s your email address’s first part (before @comcast.net).
- In the Password field – Enter your password.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) – Input: smtp.comast.net
- Once it’s completed, check that all of the lines that have check boxes are selected. Click on the ‘Sign-in’ button.
- Click the ‘Done’ button once the ‘All Done’ window appears.
Now, your Comcast email is configured and prepared to use in Windows 10. However, if you have any questions about these steps or issues during configuration, contact the experts of Comcast customer support and avail several problems fixed instantly and efficiently.