If you have stored personal and financial information on your system, McAfee Personal Firewall Plus is the best way to secure the data and info and block intruders and other hackers from stealing the information from the PC. However, if you now don’t want to use the McAfee antivirus security software, you can remove it through the Programs and Features menu of Windows.
Usually, it will eliminate the program entirely from the computer. If it doesn’t work, then you can either use the MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal) tool to scan your PC thoroughly and remove all files related to this program or call at the McAfee antivirus contact number to eradicate several difficulties associated with the program removal.
Know how to remove McAfee Personal Firewall Plus.
There are two ways you can follow to remove the program completely from your system. Here’s how to do:
Method 1 – Remove With Programs and Features Menu:
- Press the ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard to reveal the Start menu or directly click on it.
- Right-click on the ‘McAfee Personal Firewall Plus’ option and then click the ‘Uninstall’ button at the lower of the screen. Now, the Programs and Features window appear.
- Select the ‘McAfee Personal Firewall Plus’ in the programs’ list, if it isn’t highlighted already.
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ button to remove the software from the system.
Note: – if you’re unable to remove the antivirus program using this process, contact McAfee antivirus experts to get help for solving the issues.
Method 2 – Use the MCPR Tool
- Go to the McAfee download page for the MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal) tool.
- Click on the MCPR download link close to the middle of the page. Click on the ‘Save File’ button in the window that appears.
- Double-click the ‘MCPR’ icon once the file download is finished. Click on the ‘Yes’ button if prompted with a message of the User Account Control.
- Double-click the ‘Next’ option, then input the security key in the field and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Input the administrator username and password if required to do that, and click the ‘Next’ button.
- Wait for an instant when the tool removes all files related to the McAfee Firewall Plus.
- Click on the ‘Restart’ option followed by the ‘Yes’ when prompted to reboot the system. You should reboot your system to complete the uninstallation process successfully.
Before you run the MCPR tool, remove your program. If you don’t do that, it might conflict with the way in which your licenses are reckoned. In the case, if you get failed to remove the program entirely, contact McAfee antivirus support phone number and talk to professionals for resolving the problems associated with Personal Firewall Plus removal.