3 Handy Steps to Fix the Norton Antivirus Error “8504, 104”
Error 8504, 104 frequently occurs, when any malware or other antivirus program stops the Norton program from opening. Sometimes, broken Norton installation or the missing file can cause that kind of error. If you want to repair error 8504,104, you require removing and cleaning the current Norton installation and make a complete re-installation. In addition, to get the hassle-free solution, you can speak with professionals by dialing the Norton support number. Also, check that there is no other antivirus or Internet security program is running on your computer simultaneously.
Steps given below to perform complete Norton uninstallation:
- First of all, download and install the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and run it to eliminate Norton antivirus.
- Remove any non-Symantec security program:
- Click on the ‘Control Panel,’ followed by the Uninstall or Change a Program and remove all non-Symantec associated programs.
- Upgrade the Video graphics driver:
- Click on the ‘Device Manager,’ followed by the ‘Display adapters’ icon.
- Right-click the HD graphics card option and then ‘Properties’ button.
- On the ‘Driver’ tab, see the available updates.
- If any updates are present, download and install the new edition of the graphics card driver program.
- Restart your PC, and then check to see if the error is fixed.
Now, your system is free from malware and broken or missing Norton installation files that could have generated error 8504,104. Also, try to perform a clean installation of the product, and the error will vanish. One of the finest methods to remove the antivirus permanently is using the Norton Removal Tool that you can download it from Norton’s official site. You can also get the assistance and suggestion to remove the error in a precise manner just by dialing the Norton customer support number.