A Netflix error code 1016 is an app dispute that arises when there is an issue with the internet connection. If you face the error 1016 on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, the problem may be caused due to your wireless connection dropping, or it may be related to DNS server. Though it can be annoying, it still doesn’t take too much time to get the problem resolved out. Follow up the troubleshooting steps given below.
Reset your Wi-Fi connection on your device
- Tap the ‘Home’ button. Swipe the home screen upwards from the bottom to open the Control Center. You can enable Airplane mode from Settings if the Control Center isn’t activated on the device.
- Tap on the ‘Airplane’ icon to enable the Airplane mode. When it’s enabled, turn it off by tapping the ‘Airplane’ icon again.
- Once your device is reconnected to the Wi-Fi network, open up Netflix and try to play your favorite TV show or video again.
Restart your device
- Tap and hold the Wake/Sleep button until the red slider displays.
- Drag the slider to shut the device completely off.
- Wait for 10 seconds, and then tap the Sleep/Wake button to start your device back.
- Once your device is turned on, open up Netflix and try to stream any movie or TV show again to check if the problem is repaired.
Try a different Internet connection
If the connection issue still exists, connect your iOS device to another network to prevent home network setup issues as the reason for your problem. Here’s how to join a different Wi-Fi network:
- Tap on the ‘Home’ button on your iOS device.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ tab, followed by the ‘Wi-Fi’ option from the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Next, select a different network and connect it to your device.
- When you’ve connected to another Internet connection, open your Netflix program and check the glitch is fixed by playing movies.
If you’re still unable to access the Internet via a different connection or if this doesn’t correct the problem, consult with your Internet service provider for further assistance.
Power cycle your home network
- To do that, power off your iOS device and disconnect both your router and modem.
- Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug your modem back in and wait till no new status lights are flashing on.
- Next, plug your router into the power outlet and wait till no new status lights are flashing on.
- Start your device and try to play the TV show or movie again on Netflix.
If you have gone through all solutions, but nothing has worked to fix error 1016, then wait for some time and try again. If the problem still persists, there are times while Netflix itself is faulty. Otherwise, contact Netflix customer service phone number and address your queries for solving your issues in an efficient manner.