5 Easy Steps to Block Pop-Up Ads on Windows 8
The occurrence of pop-up ads occasionally can be a minor inconvenience, but remaining it persistent can be really frustrating and make the unpleasant user experience of Windows 8. Pop-ups are the most widely used advertising way on websites that launch a new window that involves an ad while loading the page. Often pop-up ads that display without user-interaction can be a sign of adware or malware attack on the system.
By accessing the pop-up blocking control features, which is equipped with the IE 10, you can block the pop-up ad. The process may be complicated, but you can still get assistance by dialing the Microsoft Windows 8 customer service phone number.
Blocking Pop-up Ads on Internet Explorer 10
- At first, access the Internet Explorer browser program. You can locate the browser icon either on the task bar or the desktop. Simply double-click on the icon to open it.
- Search for the ‘Settings’ button. It seems like a gear icon and can be placed in the window’s top-right corner. Click on it to open a drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Internet Options’ selection located near to the bottom of the related box. If you’re unable to click the option, you should minimize the window.
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab located at the upper of the screen.
- Select the check box beside the ‘Pop-up Blocker’ option. Click the ‘OK’ button to activate the service.
Now, you will be able to enable the pop-up blocker in your IE browser, and its default settings will turn off automatic pop-up screens, which mean it will block pop-up ads that open on page load but will still open pop-up ads created while you tap or click a link. However, if you want to allow a few sites to pop-up, then you can click the ‘Settings’ button next to the checkbox of the pop-up blocker and deactivate it from there.
Sometimes, you can also use the pop-up blocker program to tackle unwanted pop-up ads and stop them from ever opening. This is the best way to turn off pop-ups on page load and only let them while you click on the link or has allowed pop-ups from a specific site. If you’re still unable to get rid of the pop-up ads, even after putting a lot of efforts, then you can acquire the solution by calling at the Windows 8 service number.