If your wireless connection is intermittent or it’s not working, it’s possible that you may not be able to update TurboTax for Windows successfully. For that reason, it’s suggested to use a wired or broadband connection with the TurboTax installation file. In such circumstances, you can call at the TurboTax customer service phone number and gain the support of experts for updating it without any hassle. Here’re a few things you can also try if you have issues updating your program on a wireless connection:
- Use a wired connection (Recommended), if it’s available.
- Launch your web browser and try to access any of the sites that you have not browsed earlier.
- If you’re not able to access other websites, then try to restart your wireless router.
- If the internet connection is not resolved, power down your system, your router, and the modem, respectively. Wait for the two minutes, and then power on your modem. Next, wait for a minute, and the power on your router and the system.
- If the downloading update seems to freeze or stuck at 0% or 100%, never try to end the installing procedure, even though the ‘Task Manager’ shows the ‘Not Responding’ error message. Wait for a couple of minutes before performing anything.
- If the Updater closes too early when you’re trying to check for updates (commonly with an error message or number), use your hard drive cleaner tool on your system to remove redundant files and clear the Recycle bin.
- Next, choose for the ‘Check for Updates’ option in your TurboTax program to continue the update process wherever it left off.
Still, can’t update TurboTax for Windows?
If you’re unable to update your program using the normal update process, then you can download and install an executable file related to the Manual Update. Even you can download it onto the thumb drive so that you can relocate the update to the system TurboTax is installed on.
Remember that Manual updates are only available for federal programs of TurboTax for Windows version. They’re not available for the Turbo-tax State or Mac programs. You can’t use them to convert an outdated version to a newer version.
Additionally, you can also contact TurboTax by phone number and avail assistance and step-wise processes for downloading and installing a manual update as a workaround.