Getting a message stating that the ‘Subscription Expired’ from the Norton Antivirus on your system can be problematic for users at times if they don’t have any plan to renew it. This issue can lead your system to the risk of viruses and malware. You can stop this message either by updating the subscription or by removing antivirus and using other security software. If you have renewed it recently, but you’re still getting the same popups, run a subscription status test to synchronize your program with Norton’s database. To get a hassle-free solution regarding that error message, call at the Norton helpline number.
Run Subscription Status Check
- Open the Norton program and click the ‘Support’ tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Subscription Status’ link. Performing this text prompts your system to synchronize with the Norton server’s database in which your subscription details are stored. If the expiration date on the PC is incorrect, you can update it to the exact time.
- Got to the main screen and click on the ‘Live Update’ option. Restart your system, once prompted.
- Launch your Norton antivirus software and click the ‘Renew Now’ button at the end of the main screen. Choose the ‘Renew My Subscription’ option and click the ‘Buy Now’ option.
- Select the ‘Renew’ option under the ‘Norton Antivirus’ and continue the on-screen instructions on Norton’s official site. Type your credit card and personal information, and make a Norton account by providing your email address and choosing a password. When your purchase is made, the subscription will be updated automatically.
- See to check if the ‘Subscription Status’ have been changed at the end of the main screen. If the error still exists, check your mail for a message received from Norton having a subscription renewal code. Click ‘Renew’ button on the main screen and choose the ‘I Have a Key or Code to Enter’ option. Type the renewal code and click on the ‘Finish’ option.
Note: – When you require re-entering the renewal code for any reasons, for example, after reinstalling Windows, but you’re unable to find the email. At such time, you need to login to the Norton account and locate the subscription purchase to reveal the detailed history, and then click the ‘View’ option on the ‘Details’ to find the code.
Uninstall Norton Program
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and move the pointer to the top-right corner to enable the ‘Charms.’ Click on the ‘Search’ option and input the ‘uninstall’ text into the search field.
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option from the ‘Charms’ menu and select the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option on the main screen.
- Select the ‘Norton antivirus’ option from the programs list in the next window, and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ link at the page topside.
- Continue the steps to make sure the program removal. The steps differ slightly relying on the Norton version on your computer, but usually, you should choose the ‘Remove All’ or ‘Remove All User Data’ option.
- When the uninstallation process is done, restart your PC.
However, if you still get the error message even after going through all workarounds given above, one and last solution is contacted with the experts by dialing the Norton antivirus customer support number and get the contribute to fixing Norton issues.