If your Acer laptop doesn’t turn off once you have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview, you possibly have some issues with Hybrid Shutdown. This feature of Windows operating system is activated by default and typically good, as it reduces the shutdown time by hiding the kernel session rather than closing the laptop completely. When your system is turned on again, the Kernel session is repealed from the hibernation; thus it reduces the booting time also. However, besides enhancing the performance, this feature may also create some errors or even stop Windows from closing entirely.
When it occurs, some systems hang or freeze when trying to shut them down, and that problem is mainly caused by the Hybrid Shutdown feature which is activated by default. You can also contact Acer laptop support number if your computer is often freezing at startup. Otherwise, logically, you require disabling that feature to fix the issue. When it’s disabled, the kernel session won’t be shut down or hibernated anymore, however, it will close completely. It might increase your system shutting time, but the issue will be resolved positively.
Method 1: Turn off Hybrid Shutdown Feature manually
In addition to disabling the Hybrid Shutdown feature manually, check these steps:
- Click the ‘Search’ tab, input power options and select the ‘Power Options’ from the search results list.
- On the window left side, click to select what the power key does.
- If required, click on the ‘Change’ settings that are inaccessible now under ‘Define’ power buttons and enable password security.
- Via the activated options in the Shutdown Settings tab, deselect the ‘Turn on fast startup’ checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown.
- Click on the ‘Save Changes’ option to apply the modified settings. Once completed, close the ‘Power Options’ window.
Method 2: Perform a Complete shutdown
Another method to shut down the computer without Hybrid Shutdown is to do a complete shutdown. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Click on the Desktop icon right side. Click the ‘New’ option, followed by the ‘Shortcut.’
- Input the item location by entering the ‘shutdown -F -T ## -C (type message).’ Here, ## can be any number between 0 to 315360000, and the message you want to write the text.
- Click the ‘Next’ button. Rename the shortcut by you want.
- Click on the shortcut right side on from the desktop and click the ‘Properties’ icon.
- Change the shortcut icon name of your preference, just for the aesthetic purposes.
- Pin the shortcut icon to the start menu, and you’re ready to use.
Alternatively, if you feel like you require technical assistance to fix your Acer laptop problems, then you can call on the Acer service number and let the experts handle and fix all issues associated with your notebook appropriately.