EDD is an abbreviated for Employment Development Department. EDD is the California’s largest tax collection agency that handles the audit and collection of the payroll taxes and maintains the employment record as well. There are several responsibilities that comes under the EDD such as unemployment insurance, disability insurance, payroll tax collection, and job training/workforce services. It uses the EDD Debit Card from the Bank of America for delivering the benefit payments for EDD benefit programs. In case, if you have any queries or issues, then you can contact EDD Customer Support.
How to Contact EDD Customer Support phone number?
You can dial EDD Customer Service Number 1-800-480-3287, then type 1 to select English or 2 for the Spanish. After that, type 3-2-1-0 and wait for the next prompt before typing each number. After entering these numbers, the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative By Mycustomerservice.
Main menu of EDD phone number is given below:
- Press 1 for the benefit payments
- Press 2 for the SDI online help desk regarding registration, password, or other system related questions for claim filing
- Press 3 for disability insurance information
- Press 4 for the voluntary plans
The other number to reach the customer support is 1-800-300-5616. After calling on this number, select 1 for the English, then type 6-7-1 and wait for the next prompt before typing each number. After entering these numbers, the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative.
Main menu of the number 1-800-300-5616 is given below:
- Press 1 for the information on the last payment made on your claim or EDD debit card information
- Press 2 to certify for weekly continued claims by telephone using EDD Tele-Cert
- Press 3 to file or reopen an unemployment insurance claim
- Press 4 if you are calling for information about form 1099-G which reports taxable unemployment compensations
- Press 5 if you are an employer
- Press 6 for the information about UI online and other EDD services including Americas job centers California locations or to update your UI claim
You can visit the page https://www.edd.ca.gov/unemployment/Telephone_Numbers.htm for full list of EDD number.
EDD Online Customer Service
- You can contact EDD online on the contact us page of the official website. The link for the contact us page is https://www.edd.ca.gov/about_edd/contact_edd.htm.
- You can contact EDD on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/californiaedd
- EDD is also available on the twitter at https://twitter.com/CA_EDD