How to Access Setup Log File If Avast Antivirus Installation Fails?
When you consult with the Avast support regarding your issues as Avast antivirus is failed to install on the system, you may be prompted to give a setup log file for additional analysis. Once you’re warned of the error, you can get the installation log file via the Setup Wizard, and then copy and save it to the Notepad as a text file.
Continue with the quick and comprehensive steps to access the file so that you can fix the issue efficiently. Calling on the Avast antivirus support phone number you can also obtain the help of experts to repair the setup error.
Here’s how to access the Avast installation file:
- Click on the ‘View installation log’ option to be routed to the ‘Log Viewer’ tab.
- Modify the ‘Verbosity’ setting in the lower-left corner to ‘Debug,’ and then click the ‘Copy to clipboard’ option.
- Open the ‘Notepad’ application, and then click the ‘Edit’ button and choose the ‘Paste’ option to add the setup log data that you copied earlier to the clipboard.
- Click the ‘File’ button, followed by the ‘Save as….’ option.
- Save the text file with the SetupLog.txt name somewhere you can easily find it, and then exit from the Notepad.
- Go to the ‘Avast Viewer Log’ and click the ‘Close’ button to close the window.
- Use a file compression program to decrease the SetupLog.txt file size, and send it as an attachment to Avast support. Continue with these steps to compress the log file:
- Launch the ‘File Explorer’ on the desktop.
- Choose and right-click on the file that you need to squeeze.
- Click the ‘Send to’ option, followed by the ‘Compressed’ folder.
The selected files are now compressed into the latest .zip file which you can locate in the same folder position as the new files. Once Avast support analyzes the file, you will be advised to process the next step. However, if you face any difficulties in accessing the setup log file or your Avast antivirus isn’t installed correctly on your system, the support number for Avast antivirus is the all in one solution to avail direct and instant help solve all issues associated with the antivirus program.
Recommended Blog : – How to get reliable Avast Antivirus support number?