Webroot is the outstanding antivirus software and works very efficiently and effectively in expelling a wide range of malware infections, worms, Trojans, spyware and so on from the PC. This antivirus is well-known for its high security and reliability. Though the antivirus works proficiently, there are times when users encounter the issues. The most common issue faced by the users is Webroot antivirus error code 1308. Here, in this article, we will discuss the cause of this error and the procedure for fixing this error. In case, if you got stuck somewhere, then just contact Webroot Antivirus Customer Support.
Reasons for Error 1308: –
While using the antivirus software you might get an error 1308 which demonstrate that the installer can’t find the document. Some reasons for this error are mentioned below.
- Corrupt download of Webroot antivirus software.
- Incomplete installation of the antivirus software.
- Virus or malware insertion may have adulterated the Windows framework documents.
- Webroot antivirus programming related documents might have been infected.
- Another antivirus program expelled the Webroot programming related documents.
Steps to fix the Webroot Antivirus Error Code 1308: –
Follow the steps mentioned below to fix this error.
First Method: –
- First of all, create a back up of the software
- Then, delete the folder named as c:/autodesk
- Now, download the Webroot software again
- Then, turn off the Webroot virus scan and extract the antivirus software again
- After that, exit from the installation
- Then, right-click on the c:/autodesk folder and click on properties
- Next, in the permissions for user option-click allow on full control
- Now, check whether the Webroot antivirus software is off. Turn it off, if it is on
- Then, go to the extraction folder
- Right click on ‘setup.exe’
- And at last, from the drop-down menu click on run as administrator
Second Method: –The downloaded Webroot antivirus software might be incomplete or corrupt. You can try to disable the virus protection and then download the software again. If you have installed the software from a CD then perform the following steps:
- Create a new folder on the local hard drive of the computer.
- Copy the contents of the Webroot software installation CD, and then move them to the local hard drive.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned steps are helpful for you in fixing the Webroot Error 1308. In case, if you have any query or doubt associated with it, then dial Webroot Support phone Number. The number is available round-the-clock for resolving your queries.
Read Also : Webroot antivirus setup